Planning an escape to warmer climes? Then you may well be re-acquainting yourselves with your summer wardrobe and although it is always exciting rediscovering old favourites which have been hibernating over the chilly winter months, you might also feel overwhelmed by the trauma of wondering how you can fit all that into the airlines baggage restrictions!!
Here is a sample capsule wardrobe, to give you over 30 different looks out of a few key pieces, saving you excess baggage charges, in fact we promise you could fit all of this into hand luggage 🙂
The key to the Capsule Wardrobe is knowing your colour pattern so all your best colours mix and match effortlessly. Choose a couple of neutral colours as a base and then add accents. Book a Colour Confidence Consultation to find out YOUR Colour pattern.
- Linen trousers or coloured Capri/cigarette pants – always chic (even when you haven’t got round to leg waxing or fake tanning!) & versatile. Choose a pair in one of this season’s key colours – try cobalt blue, orange or floral to bring your wardrobe bang up to date J
- Skirt – ensure you choose a style & fabric that flatters your bodyshape & for those of you who have had a consultation, remember to think where the hemline cuts.
- Dress – whether you choose a shirtdress, a tunic style or a wrap – don’t just see this as a stand alone piece – remember your layering – over trousers, vest tops, shirts or under cardis, pashminas. Don’t forget different shoes & accessories will maximise this one garment!
- Pashmina/Wrap – Our top tip for the summer. There are loads of these around in fab summer colours and prints. Incredibly flexible, inexpensive failsafe with many uses, here are just a few
As a scarf ( tied to suit your bodyshape, bounce your colours and pull an outfit together)
As a shrug ( to cover up those bingo wings, whilst keeping you cosy and looking chic)
As a belt (slung to enhance your bodyshape),
As a skirt(tie at a length most flattering to you)
As a sarong (looks great over swimwear)
Bonus points are – a blanket for those long journeys, it’s easy to pack and if rolled correctly takes up no packing space!
- Vest tops – buy several in your accent colours – an inexpensive, quick & easy way to add colour & impact to your summer wardrobe. Try layering them to give you optimum variety.
- Shoes – For a daytime casual look there is a wide choice of flip flops or gladiator sandals. Try a pair of wedges, they can carry you from day in to night if chosen wisely. Choose either a neutral colour (nude are great for lengthening the legs!) for maximum wearability or to get on trend, make a statement with a bright block or even multi coloured pair.
- Swimwear – If the thought of de-layering to this level is giving you sleepless nights, let us help you. As masters of optical illusion, we can give you all the advice you need about the most flattering cuts, patterns and colours for each and every one of you. Pssst – if you feel you have an urgent swimwear dilemma – drop us an email or post us a comment on facebook and we will do our best to help.
- Accessories – As all of you who knows us are aware, we are major accessory fans. An absolutely fabulous way to expand your capsule wardrobe even further.
If you would like more help with your capsule wardrobe– just get in touch to book a Wardrobe Shakeup Session or a Personal Shopping Trip.